2024 is a Presidential Election year. The Presidential Primary Election is March 5, 2024. There are several ways to vote in the Presidential Primary Election.
Vote in-person on election day
- Enrolled Voters will be given the party's ballot for which they are enrolled in
- Unenrolled Voters are able to select at voter check-in which party's ballot they would like to vote in
Vote By Mail
Postcard applications were mailed by the Secretary of State to all voters the week of January 8th. If you are not interested in voting by mail, there is no action required. Voters who are enrolled into a party received the postcard on the left and voters who are 'unenrolled' (undeclared) voters received the postcard on the right.
|*Voters MUST choose which primary ballots (Democratic, Republican, or Libertarian) they would like to receive for the Presidential primary and State Primary.
The process to vote by mail is as follows:
- A Voter must fill out their postcard completely. Please be sure to include your name, which elections you want to vote by Mail in and if you are unenrolled, you must choose which party's primary ballot you want to receive for both the Presidential and State primary elections. Voters must sign and date the application.
- Return the completed postcard in the mail or at the Town Clerk's as soon as possible. Mail-in voting applications must reach the Town Clerk by 5PM on Tuesday, February 27th. We appreciate voters returning the application ASAP.
- Your Presidential Primary ballot will be mailed to you no later than February 24, 2024.
- Voters complete their ballot and return it in one of the following ways:
- Mail it back using the envelope provided
- Return to Town Clerk's Office
- Use ballot box located at Town Hall
Mail in ballots must reach the Town's Clerk Office or be in the drop box by the close of polls on Election day. Please note mail in ballots cannot be dropped off at the polling location on the day of the election.
The online mail-in ballot portal will be updated to allow voters to request ballots for 2024. Learn more about Voting by Mail.
In-Person Early Voting
Any registered voter in Abington can vote in-person at the Town Clerk's office at Town Hall during early voting. Early voting is:
February 24 - March 1st
Monday - Thursday from 8:30AM - 4:30PM
Friday 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Saturday, February 24 from 9AM - 3PM
Town Office Building, 500 Gliniewicz Way, Abington, MA 02351
Excuse-required absentee voting by mail is available in all elections, to those who qualify. While early Vote by Mail ballots are more common, there are special circumstances where you may need to use the Absentee Ballot application to apply for an absentee ballot instead such as being on active military duty or a US citizen living outside of the U.S. Learn more about this process and if you qualify.
Please call or reach out to the Town Clerk's office with any questions you may have.
Leanne M. Adams, Town Clerk, Lmadams@abingtonma.gov, 781-982-2112
Important Voting Dates
- 2/24/2024 Presidential Voting Primary registration Deadline (In-person voter registration will be held on Saturday, February 24, 2024 from 9AM - 5PM at Abington Town Offices.)
- 2/27/2024 Mail-in Voting applications due
- 2/24/2024 - 3/1/2024 Early Voting is held at the Town Clerk's office at Town Office Building, 500 Gliniewicz Way, Abington, MA 02351
- 3/5/2024 - Presidential Primaries
- 4/27/2024 - Abington Town Elections
- 9/3/2024 - State Primaries
|Presidential Primary Ballot Sample
|Notice of Advanced Removal of Early Voted Ballots from Envelopes and Advanced Depositing of Early Voted Ballots