Annual Founder’s Day Celebration 2022
The Abington Police Department (APD) requests your cooperation during our Annual Founder’s Day celebration weekend being held this Saturday, June 11, 2022,
- CENTRAL STREET ROAD CLOSURES
- Central St. will be closed to motor vehicle traffic from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
- Central Street will re-open to motor vehicle traffic from 1:00 p.m. until 5:30 p.m.
- Central St. will close again to motor vehicle traffic from 5:30 p.m. until approximately 7:00 p.m.
- NO PARKING AREA
- No Parking signs will be posted along the southern lane of Washington Street from Route 18 to Washington Terrace, please do not parking in this area or your vehicle will be ticketed and towed.
- The APD requests that residents of Washington Street who plan on hosting guests at their home advise their guests not to park in these prohibited areas. Vehicles parked in violation of posted signage will be ticketed and towed.
- WASHINGTON STREET CLOSURES AND DETOURS
The Founder’s Day celebration concludes at approximately 10 p.m. At that time, Washington Street will be closed and motor vehicle traffic detoured at the following locations:
- Washington Street at Central Street;
- Washington Street at Lincoln Boulevard;
- Washington Street at Shaw Avenue;
- Washington Street at Bedford Street; and
- Washington Street at Adams Street.
Please avoid this area from 10 p.m. until 11:30 p.m.
- HANDICAPPED PARKING
A Handicapped parking area will be located on Ralph Hamlin Lane adjacent to the Beaver Brook Elementary School. Authorized vehicles should enter through the south entrance to the Beaver Brook School (located off of Washington Street). Please arrive early and inform the police officer posted at that location of your intention to utilize the handicapped parking area.
- PICKUP AREA
Individuals looking to pick up event attendees leaving Memorial Field should use Lincoln Boulevard to do so. Access to Lincoln Boulevard will be available via Route 18.
- HAWKERS / PEDDLERS
Hawkers and Peddlers must be licensed with the Town of Abington and are not allowed on Memorial Field.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items area prohibited in and around the Memorial Field area:
- Firearms / Weapons
- Glass containers
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bicycles (on Memorial Field, Memorial Bridge, or inside Island Grove Park)
- Blankets exceeding 10’ x 10” in size
- Pets (A.D.A. service animals are authorized)
The APD thanks you for your cooperation, we hope you have an enjoyable evening. Any questions regarding the celebration events should be directed to an Abington Founder’s Day Committee member.